Cargo Van Ramp FAQs:
A cargo van ramp is a ramp, normally installed in the back of the van, that is used to facilitate the loading and unloading of cargo into and out of a cargo van. It serves as a bridge between the ground and the van’s cargo area, allowing for smoother and more efficient movement of cargo and equipment. Cargo van ramps are typically made of metal and feature a textured surface or grip to prevent slippage during use. HandiRamp cargo van ramps, for example, are constructed of hard-wearing aluminum and have a patented raised button traction surface. They come in various sizes and configurations to accommodate different types of cargo vans and loading requirements.
- Easier Loading and Unloading: Cargo van ramps provide a smooth incline, making it easier to load and unload heavy or bulky items from your cargo van.
- Time and Labor Savings: Ramps enable faster and more efficient loading and unloading processes. They streamline the movement of goods, allowing for quicker turnaround times and increased productivity.
- Accessibility: Ramps make cargo vans more accessible to various types of cargo, especially those that are heavy and oversized or equipment that requires rolling or sliding. They ensure a smooth transition and prevent damage to the cargo or the van.
- Versatility: Cargo van ramps come in different sizes and configurations to accommodate a wide range of cargo types and van models. They can be adjusted to fit specific loading heights, making them versatile for various loading scenarios.
- Improved Safety: Ramps eliminate the need for excessive lifting or awkward maneuvers and are designed with safety features such as textured surfaces or grip, which reduce the risk of slips and falls during loading and unloading. They provide a stable and secure platform for workers to move goods with confidence.
- Flexibility and Portability: Many cargo van ramps are portable and can be easily installed or removed as needed. This flexibility allows for their use in different locations or vehicles, providing convenience and adaptability.
The installation process for cargo van ramps can vary depending on the specific design and model of the ramp. Most ramps are bolted to the cargo floor of your van. HandiRamp cargo van ramps are designed with a straightforward do-it-yourself installation process that can be completed by two people in two hours or less. You can take a closer look at the step-by-step installation instructions here. Our team of ramp experts is also at your disposal via phone to answer any of your questions during installation. Alternatively, we offer installation services at our location in Kenosha, WI where our team will install the ramp into your cargo van ramp for you. Call us at 866-833-0314 to learn more!
Most cargo van ramps are installed in the cargo area in front of the rear door opening. When not in use, HandiRamp cargo van ramps fold up into your van. The amount of space your cargo van ramp will need depends on the size of your ramp and the ramp options chosen, but HandiRamp cargo van ramps generally occupy about a foot of cargo space depth-wise.
The weight capacity of cargo van ramps can vary depending on several factors, including the material, design, construction and length of the ramp. Generally, cargo van ramps have weight capacities ranging from a few hundred pounds to 1,500 pounds. HandiRamp cargo van ramps are available in either 1,000-lb or 1,500-lb capacities. The weight capacity of a ramp should always exceed the maximum weight of the heaviest item or load being transported.
Many cargo van ramps come with various safety features to ensure the safe loading and unloading of cargo. HandiRamp cargo van ramps come equipped with industry-leading safety features like our patented non-slip raised button traction surface and True Spring Assist technology which make our ramps able to be deployed and stowed by just one person safely. The ergonomic placement of welded handles on our ramps also prevents pinched fingers and promotes safe lifting practices.